Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund
First announced in Economic Action Plan 2012, the Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund provides$150 million for the repair and improvement of community infrastructure facilities across the country.
FedDev Ontario is delivering the Fund in Ontario with an allocation of $49.6 million over two years.
Applications are being accepted for projects in Ontario until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) onAugust 24, 2012. Please refer to the links in the right-hand menu for detailed eligibility and application requirements.
Who is eligible?
Organizations eligible to apply for funding include:
- local or regional governments or related agencies;
- provincial entities that provide municipal-type services to communities;
- not-for-profit organizations; and
- First Nation governments, including Band or Tribal Councils or their legally-designated representatives.
What projects are eligible?
The Fund supports the rehabilitation and improvement of existing community infrastructure that is non-commercialand accessible for use by the public. Examples of the types of community infrastructure that can be supported include:
- community facilities (e.g. community centres, libraries, parks);
- cultural centres;
- recreational facilities (e.g. arenas, gymnasiums, sports fields, bike paths and other recreational trails);
- tourism facilities; and
- other community infrastructure.
Projects must be completed construction byMarch 31, 2014.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for more detailed requirements.
Should you have questions or inquiries, please FedDev.