Community-based projects under the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) that enable seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experiences with others and help communities increase their capacity to address local issues are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per year, per organization.
This year, organizations can apply for funding to support seniors dealing with the pandemic by submitting project proposals that offer specific COVID-19 relief and recovery activities for seniors. More traditional projects planned for delivery in 2021–2022 can also be submitted.
Projects must address one or more of the program’s five objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
For more information please, click here.