The Early Learning and Child Care
The Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) small projects component of the Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF) aims to improve accessibility and safety in regulated and/or licensed ELCC centres. This will help support children with disabilities, parents/guardians with disabilities and/or employees with disabilities. The goal is to ensure that all Canadian families have access to high-quality, affordable and inclusive early learning and child care.
The ELCC call for proposals (CFP) will provide up to $25,000,000 in funding over 2 years ($12,500,000 in fiscal year 2021 to 2022, and $12,500,000 in fiscal year 2022 to 2023).
Eligible organizations can only submit 1 application to this CFP and can apply for up to $70,000 for:
- new construction, renovation and/or retrofit activities that will increase accessibility and expand access to ELCC centres in Canadian communities; and/or
- accessible information and communication technologies
ESDC will fund 100% of eligible project costs up to $70,000.
You can apply between December 3, 2021 to January 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
If you need help or accommodations (such as documents in an alternate format), please send us an email before January 28, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) will communicate decisions to applicants between January 2022 and March 2022.
For any questions, please contact the department.
The Community Accessibility Stream
The Community Accessibility Stream of the Enabling Accessibility Fund is designed to provide funding to eligible recipients for projects that improve accessibility in communities across Canada. Projects may include:
- renovating, retrofitting or constructing community facilities where programs or services are offered to people with disabilities;
- retrofitting motor vehicles used as community-based transportation; and,
- providing information and communications technologies to make them more accessible for the community.
To be considered eligible for funding, projects must be directly related to removing barriers and increasing accessibility for people with disabilities in Canadian communities. All projects must also respond to funding priorities identified during calls for proposals, including support from their community.
Deadline: July 26th, 2018, 11:59 Pacific Time
The Workplace Accessibility Stream
The Workplace Accessibility Stream of the Enabling Accessibility Fund provides funding to eligible recipients for projects that improve accessibility in workplaces across Canada. Projects may include:
- renovating, retrofitting or constructing workplaces in which job opportunities for people with disabilities could be created or maintained;
- retrofitting motor vehicles for work use ; and,
- providing information and communications technologies for work use.
To be considered eligible for funding, projects must be directly related to maintaining or creating job opportunities for people with disabilities. All projects must also respond to funding priorities identified during calls for proposals, including support from their community.
July 26th, 2018, 11:59 Pacific Time
The Mid-Sized Projects Stream
The mid-sized projects component provides contributions of up to $3 million to support larger retrofit, renovation or construction projects of facilities or venues that house or will house programs and services geared towards addressing the social and/or labour market integration needs of people with disabilities in a holistic manner.
To be eligible for funding, projects must:
- increase accessibility in facilities and venues for people with disabilities;
- increase access for people with disabilities to programs/services; and,
- increase opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to community life and/or the labour market.
Deadline: Not Current Accepting Applications