The Graduate Enterprise Internship is designed to help develop the business and management skills of graduate students and recent graduates of programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by providing funding for internships with small- and medium-sized companies in southern Ontario.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Please refer to the links in the right-hand menu for detailed eligibility and application requirements.
Who is eligible?
- not-for-profit organizations located in southern Ontario that offer internship or mentorship programs
- post-secondary institutions located in southern Ontario that offer internship or mentorship programs
What activities are eligible?
Eligible activities may include:
- marketing and advertising of internship or mentorship opportunities;
- program design, development, and administration;
- selection of internship candidates;
- screening and selection of placements;
- matching candidates with host SMEs/mentors;
- overseeing salary contributions to STEM interns; and
- monitoring and evaluating internship placements.
How to Apply
The following instructions are to assist you in filling out your application for funding under the Graduate Enterprise Internship. Please refer to the Initiative Guidelines to ensure your project is eligible.
- Open the Graduate Enterprise Internship application form (PDF, 298 KB, 4 pages) and select “Save As” at the top of the form. This will download the form to your local computer and allow you to save information as you complete it. Save your work often as you are completing the form.
- Download and complete an Applicant Declaration on Lobbying.
- Prepare all supporting documents as described in the Application Checklist.
- Attach the Applicant Declaration on Lobbying and all supporting documents to your application form by selecting the “To add attachments” button at the top of the form.
- Once your application package is complete, make sure you are connected to the Internet and then select the “Submit” button on the last page to send your application form and supporting documents to FedDev Ontario.
- Once your application package is received by FedDev Ontario, the following notification will be displayed on your screen: “Your form has been successfully submitted to FedDev Ontario.”
- Please save and print a copy of the application package and the confirmation message for your records.
- Please print and sign the application form and mail the original copy to FedDev Ontario within 10 business days of submitting your online application:
Graduate Enterprise Internship
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
101 Frederick Street, Suite 702
Should you require the application form or supporting documents in an alternate format, please email FedDev Ontario or call 1-866-593-5505.