The Algonquin College’s Co-op Works! program is designed to match skilled college students with employers looking to hire summer employees in their field. The Co-op Works! program is made possible through support from the Federal Government’s Eastern Ontario Development Program and the Renfrew County Community Future Development Corporation.
The Co-op Works! program has 15 available spots for employers looking for summer employees in the following fields:
– Motive Power Technician
– Computer Systems Technician
– Outdoor Adventure Naturalist
– Environmental Technician
– Radiation Safety
In order to be eligible for the Co-op Works! program your business must:
– Be a Renfrew County-based business (private or public sector)
– Provide at least 450 hours of work to the student between May 1st and August 31st, 2012
– Engage the co-op student by offering a support working environment that building on their existing skills through mentorship, guidance and on-the-job training
– Pay a minimum of $14 an hour (with the subsidy it works out at $7 an hour)
– Ensure adequate WSIB and third party liability insurance coverage
The program offers eligible employers a 50% subsidy on wages for these students. Due to the limited number of spaces available, the funding is available on a first come, first serve basis.
If you are interested in applying for funding, contact the program office at 613-735-4700, ext 2814, or visit www.algonquincollege.com/pembroke for more details.