I am pleased to inform employers that applications to assist in the hiring of summer students will be available December 19th, 2017 to February 2nd, 2018.
Congratulations to all the employers who received funding to hire a student this past year.
Once again, the Canada Summer Jobs program for 2018 is being announced earlier than previous years. Applicants need to keep in mind the February 2nd, 2018 deadline.
Late applications will not be accepted. This program is always over-subscribed. I encourage all employers to get their applications for funding submitted as soon as possible.
Employers who may have not been successful with their application in a previous year are encouraged to apply this year. Funding is not guaranteed from year to year.
About Canada Summer Jobs 2018
- provides work experiences for students;
- supports organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
- recognizes that local circumstances, community needs and priorities vary widely.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
Who Can Apply
- non-for-profit organizations;
- public sector employers; and
- private sector employers with 50 or fewer full-time employees across Canada. Full-time employees are those working 30 hours or more per week with the employer.
The criteria to assess the proposals focus on:
- jobs that support local priorities;
- jobs that provide career-related experience or early work experience;
- jobs with a salary that contributes to the student’s income;
- employers who provide supervision and mentoring; and
- service to local communities;
For more information, click here.