October 25, 2011
I am pleased to announce of the Government of Canada is now offering new funding to help communities protect seniors from elder abuse, through the New Horizons for Seniors Program.
Starting on October 17th, the government began accepting new applications for elder abuse prevention programs under the New Horizons for Seniors Program. Organizations with eligible projects can receive a grant or contribution from the government of up to $250,000. The application deadline for this funding is November 25th, 2011.
Eligible Applicants include;
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Coalitions, networks;
- Municipal governments;
- Research organizations and institutes;
- Educational institutions (i.e. universities, colleges,);
- Public health and social service institutions;
- Band/tribal councils and other Aboriginal organizations;
- School boards/school districts.
Through the New Horizons for Seniors Program, the Government of Canada is taking action to protect seniors from elder abuse, and raise awareness of elder abuse in our communities. This program will help protect seniors in the upper Ottawa Valley from abuse, and allow them to continue their living a long and healthy life.