I am pleased to announce our government has launched a call for proposals for the Technology Development Program. The Technology Development Program helps research and innovation organizations, the private sector, post-secondary institutions and not-for-profit organizations work together to accelerate the development of technologies that will result in new market opportunities for southern Ontario businesses.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Please refer to the links in the right-hand menu for detailed eligibility and application requirements.
Who is eligible?
- established Ontario not-for-profit organizations, such as innovation and commercialization organizations
- Ontario post-secondary institutions
What activities are eligible?
Eligible activities may include:
- product and process applied research;
- engineering design;
- technology acceleration;
- product testing;
- marketing studies;
- proof of concept;
- piloting and demonstration;
- problem solving;
- clinical trials;
- pre-commercialization activities; and,
- commercialization of intellectual property (IP).
How to Apply
The following instructions are to assist you in filling out your application for funding under the Technology Development Program. Please refer to the Program Guidelines to ensure your project is eligible.
- Open the Technology Development Program application form (PDF, 291 KB, 4 pages) and select “Save As” at the top of the form. This will download the form to your local computer and allow you to save information as you complete it. Save your work often as you are completing the form.
- Download and complete an Applicant Declaration on Lobbying.
- Prepare all supporting documents as described in the Application Document Checklist.
- Attach the Applicant Declaration on Lobbying and all supporting documents to your application form by selecting the “To add attachments” button at the top of the form.
- Once your application package is complete, make sure you are connected to the Internet and then select the “Submit” button on the last page to send your application form and supporting documents to FedDev Ontario.
- Once your application package is received by FedDev Ontario, the following notification will be displayed on your screen: “Your form has been successfully submitted to FedDev Ontario.”
- Please save and print a copy of the application package and the confirmation message for your records.
- Please print and sign the application form and the Applicant Declaration on Lobbying form and mail the original copies to FedDev Ontario within 10 business days of submitting your online application to the following address:
Technology Development Program
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
101 Frederick Street, 4th floor
Should you require the application form or supporting documents in an alternate format, please email FedDev Ontario or call 1-866-593-5505.