The application deadline is June 29, 2012
Through the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP), the Government of Canada is taking action that enables seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experience to the benefit of others.
If you are an organization with an idea for a project that encourages seniors to lead or participate in activities to the benefit of the community, this is important news for you.
The application deadline is June 29, 2012, for all of Canada except Quebec. The Quebec call will close on September 14, 2012, to coincide with a provincial call for proposals.
Funding will support projects that meet one or more of the program’s five objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Community-based project funding
Community-based projects are eligible for funding of up to $25,000, for up to one year. These projects support programs and activities for seniors that meet one or more of the program’s five objectives listed above.
For more information on the call for proposals and updates on the program, visit our website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca/seniors.
The NHSP is a federal Grants and Contributions program that supports projects led or inspired by seniors who make a difference in the lives of others and in their communities.
The program encourages a broad range of organizations to develop a wide variety of projects that meet the changing needs of their communities.