The deadline for applications is August 10, 2012.
Call for Proposals – Setting the Stage for Girls and Young Women to Succeed
The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to solicit funding applications for projects that promote equality for girls and young women in Canada.
This Call for Proposals will support the advancement of girls and young women in Canada in two thematic areas:
1) Engaging girls and young women in leadership roles;
2) Strengthening girls’ and young women’s economic prosperity.
The deadline for applications under the Setting the Stage for Girls and Young Women to Succeed Call for Proposals is August 10, 2012. Please note: Status of Women Canada will continue to accept applications for funding on an ongoing basis for projects outside the scope of this Call for Proposals.
Who is eligible?
- Incorporated not-for-profit and for-profit Canadian organizations with the mandate, experience, expertise and capacity to deliver the proposed project.
Who is not eligible?
- Individuals, labour unions or co-operatives.
- Federal, provincial, territorial, municipal or Aboriginal governments or their agencies.
- School boards, hospitals or other organizations whose mandate was created by a government.
- Universities or colleges, including university- or college-governed institutes.
What can be funded?
- Eligible expenditure categories are detailed in the budget form. Additional eligible expenses could include hospitality costs in the course of planned activities and meetings, etc.
What cannot be funded?
- Activities that have already taken place.
- Research and polling activities.
- Domestic advocacy activities.
- Lobbying of federal, provincial/territorial or municipal governments.
- Ongoing activities, including operation or administration.
- Capital expenditures (such as land, buildings, vehicles or other major capital costs).
- Travel and other expenses incurred outside of Canada.
- Costs incurred by applicants before a funding decision has been made by the Minister for Status of Women.
For more information, please visit the Status of Women Canada Website (women.gc.ca)
For questions and application submission:
Phone: toll free: 1-866-599-7259 / local: 613-995-3995